WHEN: 12:00pm EST, January 1st, 2012
WHERE: My apartment in Portland, ME (affectionately know as Isla Nublar)
FORMAT: Blu-Ray on a Vizio 32″ LED HDTV
COMPANY: Girl-pal Becca, for the second half
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL STATE: Sober, unshowered, anxious, full of reheated Chinese food, open laptop
REACTIONS OF NOTE:
– An audible “Fuck yeah!” at the first sign of Kenny Loggins
– “Hey, it’s Tony… uh, that guy… Tim Robbins!” upon spotting that guy
– A repeating of the line “On the premises…”
– An “Awww…” during a scene that deserved it
– Some kind of “fwooo” noise after an explosion
– A “Heh!” for a lame joke callback
– A snicker for a particularly Titanicky moment
– A surprisingly loud “Ohhhh!” at the first end credit
Right off the bat, my excitement over a) finally watching a movie I’d already seen and b) starting this project and promoting the crap out of it clouded a fair amount of my judgment. I was constantly seeing how many people were talking about us on the internet instead of paying strict attention.
Is it weird that I feel bad about “casually” viewing a movie that I’m going to see 52 times this year? You decide, I’m busy regretting the Chinese food.
Well, I still say that I’m getting more from it now than I will from the obligatory drinking game week. Damn, we need to pick a date for that.
Okay, we’re still in The Spoiler Zone, so I’m not going to say too much about the movie. Get it watched if you haven’t. I’m giving you until February before revealing [scene involving sweat] or [something about a goose].
Let the dreams begin!