Hey, guys. Had another Top Gun dream. Kind of. I know I usually describe the dream, then analyze it, but you’re not getting much this time.
“You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin'” was playing. I did not know where it was coming from. In the dream, I speculated that I must be dreaming, and that John must be calling because that’s his ringtone. I was asked to just forget about it by Rashida Jones and Amy Poehler, a lesbian couple who owned a flying car. We got in the flying car and made a speedy exit.
When I woke up, I checked my phone. John had not called.
Reasons I May Have Had This Dream:
- That particular song is interesting to note because of my Top Gun Detox Box experiments. Bombarding myself with all that ’80s music after each viewing is only leaving room for all the oldies on the Top Gun soundtrack.
- My awareness that I was dreaming has actually been a trend whenever Top Gun is involved. See my “Inception is Real” post for the two dreams in which I seemed to be actually steering away from anything related to Top Gun.
- I believe Rashida Jones and Amy Poehler were there because a friend recently posted a picture of that Ron Swanson guy on Facebook. I think they were lesbians in an effort to get me to watch Parks and Recreation.
If I have a dream about Whitney, NBC’s marketing department is officially down to “dream transmitter.”
- I’m going to guess that the flying car results from the OUTATIME iPhone case I just purchased; however, despite the fact that I usually have a dream about a DeLorean roughly every three months, this flying car was more like a Ford Taurus. Hey, isn’t that what Truman Burbank drives?
- While tossing and turning and convincing myself that I should write this dream down before I forget it, I thought the Mafia was involved at one point. Somebody wanted the flying car. I don’t think it was the mob, but it was the first thing my brain tossed out when I tried to make this dream make sense.
So, there you go. Something that isn’t real. For science.